March 3, 2009

Fix the recession? Let's get high!

I was browsing salon.com when I happened to see this article about a California state assemblyman lobbying to have the state legalize marijuana in the state as a taxable item. Why? Mostly because pot is Cali's number one cash crop, bringing in almost $14 billion a year, which is significantly higher than the next best crop, vegetables.

The interesting thing is, I was just recently discussing this idea with friends, who suggested I write a letter to my local congressman. Seems like someone beat me to it, and in a state more likely to actually pass.

Basically what that means is if the entire country follows suit (albeit unlikely) we could fix this recession in a hilarious way. Just imagine our children's history textboks:
















I know you might be thinking that this guy is probably a total wackjob, which may be true, but he was bros with Harvey Milk.


No comments:

Post a Comment